Valentine’s Day is approaching quickly, striking fear into the lonely hearts of HoCo singles and turning normally sane people into love-crazy fools. We’ve compiled a list of great spots for the lovebirds to go for romance, as well as a list of Monday night bar specials for the single and restless to hit up.
For The Lovebirds
For indulgent lovers, we suggest calling quickly for a reservation at Pure Wine Cafe or The Iron Bridge Wine Company. Pure Wine of Ellicott City is offering a night of “Pure Aphrodisia” on the 14th, including hors d’oeuvres, a three-course meal and dessert, each served with its own wine pairing. The set menu is specifically designed to put you in the mood, if you will. This night of bliss is yours for $75 per person [tax and tip not included]. Reservations are required, so e-mail email@example.com ASAP.
Also in good ol’ romantic Ellicott City, Greystone Grill will serve a special three-course meal on the 14th for $49.50 per person [again, tax and tip not included]. This menu already includes a cheesecake dessert, but complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries and glasses of champagne are bound to be the perfect end to your night out. If celebrating your love on a Monday is inconvenient, The Iron Bridge Wine Company offers their three-course Sweetheart Menu tonight through Sunday, also with wine pairings, for $69 per person. Reservations are required, so call 410-997-3456 and ask for Marcie or Vince.
For the Single and Restless
Valentine’s Day can be quite annoying, even nauseating, for those without a companion to swoon over, but luckily there are quite a few HoCo bars where you can enjoy a pint of beer without feeling like an awkward extra in Casablanca. We’ve compiled a list of great Monday night drink specials for those willing to skip out on the flutes of champagne and chocolate-dipped fruit.
- Catch the Caps game at the Greene Turtle of Columbia for their Rock the Red and Monday Night Light specials – $2.50 16oz Bud Light drafts and $2.25 bottles of Miller Lite/Coors Light/Bud Light.
- Round a group of friends together for half-priced pitchers of margaritas and sangria, as well as $2 domestic bottles, at La Palapa Grill and Cantina.
- Want something a little stronger? It’s $1 off tequila shots at El Azteca, where you can also munch on half-priced appetizers while you drink.
- Get $1 National Bohemian bottles at Looney’s Pub South of Maple Lawn, or choose your pick from their all-day Happy Hour specials.
- Enter into the trivia competition at Pub Dog Pizza & Drafthouse to pull in some cash prizes and sip on Hoppy Dog drafts, whether alone or with a group of up to 12 friends. Just make sure to be there by 7:30 to secure a spot. As always, you can choose from their premium drafts and get two for $4.
Please let us know if you hear about any other singles-friendly events going on in the Howard County area.
Whether single or coupled up, it’s possible to enjoy this Valentine’s Day – especially with the help of an adult beverage or three. Cheers!